Budget and central accommodation
Grelo Hostel is a hostel in Ourense that opened its doors in the summer of 2014 and offered a new form of cheap and central accommodation without losing the quality of the traveler’s rest.
Its main advantage is its central location 100 meters from the old town and a 10-minute walk from the Viños area , the Cathedral and the Plaza Mayor in Orense. From there, you can take the Tourist Train to the Hot Springs . Also a 5-minute walk from the Xardín do Posío, you can take the urban bus line 26 to the free hot springs of Pozas A Chavasqueira .
Location and commercial services
Our hostel in Ourense is located in a very quiet commercial area at night . Next to the hostel, there are all kinds of basic establishments such as a pharmacy, supermarket, bakery or bazaar ; as well as bars and cafes, restaurants, pizzerias , etc.
It has a free public parking area (white area) where parking is usually easy.
How to get to the hostel in Ourense?
Upon reaching the city on the OU-105 road , you will come across a roundabout. In it, you continue straight, entering Avenida de Zamora . After passing a service station and a church, located on the left, you will find another roundabout. You have to continue straight, without turning off into the street called Rúa Nosa Señora da Saínza. You will come to a point on that street that becomes a steep hill with a wall on the right. It is already Rúa Pena Trevinca . You cross to the opposite sidewalk that we are there. In a few minutes you will see the entrance of the Grelo Hostel.
Cross to the opposite sidewalk to catch the urban bus, to the left of the old steam engine and take line 3 , 4 , 6A or 6B . Get off at the Rúa Coruña stop. Go up the street, you pass a first intersection, and in the next cross to the left , up the street, Rúa Pena Trevinca. In a few minutes you will see the entrance of the Grelo Hostel.
Routes to arrive by car
- From the west (Vigo, Valença or Santiago) : Rías Bajas Highway (A-52) towards Madrid, take exit 230 Ourense Centro to the Grelo Hostel (10 minutes)
- From the south or east (Verín, Chaves or Benavente) : Rías Bajas Highway (A-52) towards Vigo, take exit 224 Ourense Sur to the Grelo Hostel (10 minutes)
- From the north (Lugo or Monforte) : Highway CG2.2 towards Monforte and N-120 towards Ourense, we arrive at the Miño River in Ourense. We will turn off at the roundabout of the Paseo de las Ninfas, from Avenida Ribera Sacra (N-120) to the Grelo Hostel (8 minutes)
Ourense tourist environment
The Grelo Hostel is a hostel in the heart of Ourense , so that our guests can comfortably discover the city.
At the Grelo Hostel we will inform you of the main tourist places and activities, both at the reception and in our News section , to get to know Ourense:
- Santiago’s road
- Hot springs and natural spaces
- Culture, gastronomy and leisure
- Parties and events
For more information about the places and activities in Orense, as well as the services of the city, we recommend you visit the Tourism in Orense website